What is the Halesin Site Engine?
The Halesin Site Engine (HSE) is a simple, web-based, dynamic content delivery system. Written in PHP and interfacing with a MySQL database, it combines stability and ease of maintenance for the administrator, with simplicity and flexibility for the operator.
- With the Halesin Site Engine, you can maintain and add to your website using an interface built into the site itself.
- A template system allows you to change the look of the entire site with a few simple operations.
- A set of special tokens allow you to build guestbooks, site searches, feedback forms and other simple dynamic content.
- You can create groups of users with different permissions, controlling which areas of the site are accessible by each.
- You can add more specialised functionality to your site by writing PHP 'action scripts' which are automatically called by the HSE at the appropriate times.
v1.0 completed! (2003-10-28)
(Aside from the documentation, that is...)